As part of the City of Malabon University’s dedication to the improvement of human lives and the alleviation of any human needs, the Philippine Red Cross – Malabon Chapter, led by its chairman, Hon. Ricky Sandoval in collaboration with the City Mayor Hon. Jeannie Sandoval, the Student Affairs and Services Office, the NSTP Department, and the Students’ Organization, will be organizing the bloodletting drive on February 26, 2023, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at CMU Hall.
In this regard, we encourage everyone to participate in the said activity provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Age: Must be 18-60 years old; 61-65 years old must be a regular donor; Below 18 years old must have parental consent / authorization letter
2. Weight: at least 110 lbs. and above (50kg and above)
3. Blood Pressure: Between 90-140 mmHg (systolic); Between 60-100 mmHg (diastolic)
4. Pulse rate: 50-100 beats per minute
5. Body temperature: must not exceed 37.5 degrees centigrade
6. Hemoglobin: 125g/L or 12.5g/dL
7. Medications taken, travel history, tattoo and piercing to be assessed if qualified to donate.
8. Newly vaccinated/boosted individuals are accepted to donate provided that there are no side effects (fever, colds, etc.) prior to donation.
Please note that upon arrival, the Red Cross team will assess the donors if they were qualified for blood donation.