Master of Arts in Educational Management (MAEM)
The Master of Arts in Educational Management (MAEM) program is directed towards producing graduates who:
- Care and value students. We expect our graduates to view all students as having the potential to learn and succeed, regardless of cultural background, gender, ability and/or handicapping condition.
- Possess a knowledge base that links theory and research with practice. We expect our graduates to be reflective practitioners who begin with knowledge of the teaching/learning process, curriculum content, child development and students’ social behaviour.
- Teach content and critical thinking skills through a student-centered approach.
- Work in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
- Commit to life-long learning. We expect our graduates to be committed to scholarly responsibilities such as continued academic growth and professional membership.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE DESCRIPTION||COURSE UNITS|
|1ST YEAR 1ST SEMESTER||Basic Courses/Specialization Courses|
|MAEM 501||Philosophy of Education||3|
|MAEM 502||Advanced Educational Statistics with Computer Application||3|
|MAEM 505||Theories, Practice and Problems in School Administration||3|
|MAEM 506||Educational Legislation and civil Service Laws||3|
|1ST YEAR 2ND SEMESTER||Specialization Courses|
|MAEM 503||Methods of Research||3|
|MAEM 504||Organization and Management of Educational Institutions||3|
|MAEM 507||Financial Management and Control||3|
|MAEM 508||Human Resource Management||3|
|1ST YEAR 2ND SEMESTER (SUMMER)||Cognates/ Special Courses|
|MAEM 509||Computer Application and Multimedia Development (CAMED)||3|
|MAEM 510||Managerial Leadership, Ethics and Values||3|
|MAEM 511||Trends and ISSUES IN Educational Management||3|
|* Comprehensive Examination|
|2ND YEAR 1ST SEMESTER|
|MAEM 512||Seminar in Thesis Writing||3|
|2ND YEAR 2ND SEMESTER|
|MAEM 513||Thesis Writing 1 (Proposal)||3|
|2ND YEAR 2ND SEMESTER (SUMMER)|
|MAEM 514||Thesis Writing 2||3|
|TOTAL NO. OF UNITS||42|